Update: Click here for a report of our 2016 annual meeting.
AKIN will hold its annual meeting on Friday, July 8 at St. James Episcopal Church. The church is located at 1101 North Broadway.
Please join us at 7:00 PM for refreshments. The program will begin promptly at 7:30 PM.
A detailed agenda follows.
- Nominating Committee (Paul deLeon): Introduce nominated Slate of Officers (Mary Ann Reeves and Karla Meza-Cruz: co-chairs; Meghan Conley: Secretary; Fran Ansley: Treasurer; De Ann Pendry and Lee Sessions: steering Committee members); Call for a vote
- Mary Ann Reeves: Bylaws changes proposed by the Steering Committee; Call for a vote
- Gina Davis: “Tuition Equality from the Ground Up: The View from a High School Classroom“
- Karla Meza-Cruz: “Young adult activities for Tuition Equality Now”
- DeAnn Pendry, Eleazar Sanchez, and Liliana Sanchez: “The recent Supreme Court decision on DAPA/DACA+ ruling”
- Fran Ansley: “The Election Season: Immigrants and Refugees in the Crosshairs”
- Drocella Mugorewera, executive director of BRIDGE and a former member of the Rwandan parliament: “The Status of Refugees in Tennessee in the Coming Year”
- Mary Ann Reeves: Introduce the AKIN 2016/2017 Program
- Summer/Fall 2016: “Educating the Public: Changing the Rhetoric”
- Winter/Spring 2017: “Legislative Season and new Tuition Equality Bill”
- Mary Ann Reeves: Vote on the AKIN Program